Personally, I’ve struggled most of my life wondering what my true position in life ought to be! I know that I enjoy doing some things, but can I really make a living doing them? Just because I enjoy something, does that mean I’m good at it? Am I better at this activity than most other people?
These are typical questions I wrestled with most of my life. It’s only in recent years after doing a lot of gut check-ins and focusing on spiritual growth that I finally feel confident my current path of work is aligned with my higher purpose.
Here is the key: If you’re not passionate about something, chances are you will eventually quit because you will lose energy while trying to master the skill. Passion and your true place in life will carry you through the tough times. Inevitable roadblocks will occur along the path to success. After all, why put forth effort to overcome a tough roadblock if you’re not really enjoying the job that much?
Take the Quiz
I’ve devised a quiz below to help you discover your calling:
1. What activity came easy to you as a child in school or at home? This activity could be a talent you were born with. That’s why it was easy for you and difficult for others!
2. While growing up, what did others say you were good at? In what areas have others complimented you? Perhaps a teacher said you had ability in a subject area, sport, or hobby? Perhaps a mentor or friend has told you what you are good at?
3. What subjects have always interested you? What do you like reading about? You may find yourself reading certain types of books or watching certain types of movies.
4. What brings you joy? What activities result in a lost sense of time because you’re fascinated or totally absorbed?
5. Is there any overlap in your answers to questions 1 – 4 ? Look for the common thread through your life and you could be getting a hint of your true purpose.
6. Finally, how can this activity or interest help others? We always get fulfillment in life by helping others. We can use our unique abilities to help others differently than other specialists in our field. This gives us a natural, competitive advantage and financial abundance flows as a result.
Now, You Must Take Action
Now that you have a much better idea of your true calling in life, you must take action towards its fulfillment. You are worthy and deserve the best in life. Start brain storming ideas on how to use your special talent or passion to help others. You can start a business or find the perfect job because now you have the confidence of possessing a unique skill compared to many other people in the world who struggle in this area.
Remember to Teach
Always remember, if something comes easy to you or others have complimented you regarding certain areas, there is an opportunity to teach your subject. There are people who want to learn this material!
You could write a book. You could start a blog on the subject. You develop a product related to the area of interest. You could hold training seminars. You could start a YouTube channel and develop a following. You could start teaching a local class in your neighborhood. These are just a few of the options that are truly endless once you have found your true place in life.
All of these ideas are ways of teaching and helping others. You are discovering ways to serve the customer or your community.
Do you see how this is a huge secret to career success?
Does this help you narrow things down?
After doing this quiz, can you see yourself doing something abundantly fulfilling in life?